© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for June 4, 2014:
The latest news - The mother of a gay 13-year-old Tehachapi student who hung himself in 2010 after being bullied at school has accepted a settlement with the Tehachapi Unified School District for $750,000. Wendy Walsh, the mother .... HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
June 3, 2014
7:34 a.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred on North Mill Street. Someone has stolen about 50 palletts from the back of building. Disposition: Report taken.
7:49 a.m. Abandoned vehicle. Occurred on Anita Drive. There is a motorhome that has been parked in front for about month. Disposition: Checks ok.
8:04 a.m. Health and safety. Occurred at Monroe High School. Three students under the influence of drugs, marijuana, two are in the office and the third is going to be take out of class by security. Disposition: Arrest made.
9:39 a.m. Vandalism report. Occurred on Tucker Road. Someone has broken three windows. Disposition: Report taken.
9:52 a.m. Police 9-1-1. Occurred at South Dennison Road/Highline Road. Cellular 9-1-1 call. Disposition: Information only.
10:05 a.m. Parked vehicle. Occurred on Michael Avenue. White Ford E150 van vehicle has been parked on the roadway for a couple of years, tags are expired. Disposition: 72 Hour notice.
12:28 p.m. Lost property. Occurred on South Green Street. Lost key chain. Disposition: Information only.
2:02 p.m. Flag down. Officer initiated activity at Central Park, East "D" Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:49 p.m. Missing person. Occurred on Black Oak Drive. Reporting party's son is missing, last seen Sunday 6-1-14. Last seen wearing black gray shorts and white T-shirt. Disposition: Report taken.
4:26 p.m. Welfare check request. Occurred on East "I" Street. Disposition: No further action required.
4:31 p.m. Battery report. Occurred on East "E" Street. Past occurrence, victim was battered. Make contact at the residence. Disposition: No further action required. Unfounded
5:36 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred at Central Park on East "D" Street. Five year old child at the park is alone without parental supervision. Reporting party will be at the east side with the child. No medical is needed. Disposition: Checks ok.
5:55 p.m. Suspicious person. Occurred on Ponderosa Drive. Hispanic male, 5'7", dirty shirt and jeans is driving a red Jeep Liberty. Subject was looking into yards and residences, was last seen standing in front of residence. Subject refused to give any information to the reporting party. Disposition: Checks ok.
5:56 p.m. Follow up. Occurred on Black Oak Drive. Has more information on her runaway son. Disposition: Information only.
6:35 p.m. Suicide. Occurred on East "I" Street. Cellular 9-1-1 call. Reporting party's neighbor is crying and hysterical. Disposition: Report taken.
8:58 p.m. Any civil problem. Occurred at The Village Apartments on North Mill Street. States that neighbors below her are making noises and pounding on walls. Reporting party is refusing contact with the officers, states she needs to go to sleep, will call back if she needs further assistance. Disposition: Information only.
9:04 p.m. Hazardous material. Occurred on Anita Drive. Newer possibly a 2005 to 2010 white Cadillac four door sedan occupied by several subjects throwing fireworks into the weeds by the old barns. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:32 p.m. Assist other agencies. Officer initiated activity at East Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Assisted.
10:46 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at North Green Street/East "H" Street. Disposition: Arrest made, unlicensed driver.
Bear Valley Police Department: Data unavaliable.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between June 3 and the morning of June 4, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 21 calls, including a fire call on Highway 58, a suspicious individual on Old Town Road, a dead body on East "I" Street and a grand theft investigation in Sand Canyon.
Stallion Springs: Nothing to report.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 83. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 54. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 83. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday night: Clear, with a low around 55. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• LIBRA will host a used book sale Saturday, June 7, and Sunday, June 8, at the Railroad Park. Donations of used books are sought for the sale, and can be made by calling 822-9113.
• The Main Street Farmers Market will start at Railroad Park on June 5 and will run every Thursday until Aug. 14, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Have a Heart will host its annual yard sale Friday and Saturday, June 6 and 7, with gates opening at 8 a.m., at 20901 La Barranca Ave.
• College Community Services — The Learning Center, located at 107 S. Mill St., Suite B, will be hosting Movie Day Wednesday, June 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. RSVP at least two days in advance of the event by calling 822-4639.
• The seventh annual Main Street Tehachapi Chili Cookoff will be held Downtown on Saturday, June 14, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call 822-6519.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors will have a special meeting from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 7 at 21415 Reeves St.
• Lisa Kroese will give a presentation and answer questions on the topic of "What will we do with all of our stuff?" The public is invited and the June 5 meeting will be at the Senior Center, located at 500 E. "F" St., beginning at 6:30 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District’s regular board meeting will be held Tuesday, June 10, at 6 p.m., at Claude L. Wells Education Center, located at 300 S. Robinson St.
• Join the Tehachapi area Boy Scouts of America for a Flag Retirement Ceremony on Friday, June 13, at 5 p.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on June 5, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com