The 51st annual Tehachapi Mountain Festival will kick off with the Festival Carnival to be held Friday through Sunday at the corner of Robinson and "D" Streets across from the TUSD offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets are available at a reduced price at the Chamber office only until 3 p.m. on Aug. 14. For more information, call 822-4180.
The Tehachapi Mountain Festival is sponsored by the Greater Tehachapi Chamber of Commerce, working with a number of organizations. Other official events include:
• The PRCA Rodeo, Friday and Saturday at the Tehachapi Event Center and Rodeo Grounds on Dennison Road. Festivities begin at 7 p.m. on Friday with the Grand Entry, followed by the PRCA Rodeo. On Saturday, more rodeo action takes place starting at 6 p.m. For more information, call the Tehachapi Mountain PRCA Rodeo at 557-7336 or visit tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The V.F.W. will host music, dinner and dancing Friday and Saturday night starting at 6 p.m. Dinner will include try-tip and hot links. The V.F.W. is located at 221 W. Tehachapi Blvd. For more information, call 822-7500.
• Pancake breakfast on Saturday from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Breakfast will be served at the Veterans Hall, located at 125 E. "F" St. Presale tickets are available by calling 822-3813 or at the Chamber office.
• Mountain Gallop 5k/10k run on Saturday at Philip Marx Central Park on the corner of Mojave and "E" Streets. Registration will begin at 6:30 a.m., with the race to begin at 7 a.m. For more information, call 822-3228 or go to tehachapimountainfestival.com.
• Festival Parade will be held Saturday. The parade route is from Big Kmart down "F" Street, and begins at 10 a.m. Winners will be announced at the Gazebo in Central Park at 1:20 p.m.
• Arts & Crafts Fair and Park Festival will be held Saturday and Sunday at Philip Marx Central Park. Admission is free, and hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Bring your blanket or lawn chair.
• Thunder on the Mountain Car Show will be held Sunday at Green and "F" Streets. Show hours will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information or entry form, call 821-0055, stop by the Chamber office, or visit online at thunderonthemountain.net or tehachapimountainfestival.com.
• The annual Pet Parade was held Monday evening, after the deadline for this week’s edition. Watch for the winner to appear in Saturday’s parade.