© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 14, 2014:
The latest news - The 51st annual Tehachapi Mountain Festival will kick off with the Festival Carnival to be held Friday through Sunday at the corner of Robinson and "D" Streets across from the TUSD offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets are... Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 13, 2014
6:53 a.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard Disposition: No further action required.
7:17 a.m. Extra patrol, officer initiated activity at Tehachapi High School, South Dennison Road. Disposition: Checks OK.
7:18 a.m. Petty theft report, occurred on Clearview Street. Someone has stolen items from his vehicles. Disposition: Report taken.
7:29 a.m. Extra patrol, officer initiated activity at Jacobsen Middle School, Anita Drive,Disposition: Checks Ok.
8:30 a.m. Vandalism report, occurred on Anita Drive. Vandalism to reporting party's vehicles and boat. Someone has painted on them. Disposition: Report taken.
13:13 a.m. Suspicious person, occurred at Tucker Road/West Valley Boulevard. Disposition: Unable to locate.
2:23 p.m. Unauthorized use of personal info, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
4:21 p.m. Assist other agencies, officer initiated activity at East "I" Street. Disposition: Checks Ok.
5:51 p.m. Driving under the influence, occurred on South Curry Street. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Data currently unavailable.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 13 and the morning of Aug. 14, the Kern County Sheriff's office responded to 27 calls for service, including: a patrol check on Banducci Road at Brite Lake, a patrol check at Tehachapi Mountain Park on Water Canyon Road, a trespassing investigation on Andermatt Drive in Alpine Forest, a check the welfare on Indian Wells Drive in Golden Hills, an assist other departments on Dennison Road/Harbison Way, a suspicious circumstances on Cameron Road in Kern County, a suspicious circumstances on Marengo Way in Cummings Valley, a peace disturbance n South Street at Ashmoore Car Lot, a check the welfare on Old Town Road in Golden Hills, a patrol check at Cummings Valley Elementary School on Bear Valley ROad, an out for investigation on Blackburn Canyon Road, a peace disturbance on Marengo Way in Cummings Valley, an assist other departments call on Lalponzi Court, Sand Canyon, a check the welfare on Bogie Street in Golden Hills, a suspicious person on Santa Lucia Street at Supersize Storage, an ambulance request on Stage Drive in Golden Hills, and a out for investigation on Eagle Way/Brite Valley Drive in Golden Hills
Today: Sunny, with a high near 86. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 60. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 87. Light and variable wind becoming west southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
Friday night: Clear, with a low around 61. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• The Bear Valley Community Services District Board of Directors meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 14 at the district office on 28999 South Valley Blvd.
• The Tehachapi City Council will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 18 at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 20 at the district office, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Mountain Meadows Community Services District board of directors meets Aug. 20 at the district office, 17980 Highline Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
• No new notices.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 15, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org