© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 15, 2014:
The latest news - The 51st annual Tehachapi Mountain Festival will kick off with the Festival Carnival to be held Friday through Sunday at the corner of Robinson and "D" Streets across from the TUSD offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets are... Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 14, 2014
12:02 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Commercial Way. Roll up door, no responsible. Disposition: Checks Ok.
12:27 a.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on Kelton Street. Disposition: Situation resolved.
2:51 a.m. Police, 911. Occurred on East "I" Street. Cellular 911 Call: occurred at approximately 1:50 a.m., suspicious male was outside the reporting party's residence whistling and looking around, then took off down the alley, unknown direction, unknown clothing description. Reporting party requesting extra patrol only, does not desire contact. Disposition: Checks Ok.
6:55 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Carroll Way. Responsible message left. Disposition: Checks Ok.
7:29 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on West "E" Street at front door, male without a code. Disposition: False Alarm.
7:54 a.m. School resource duty. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi High School. Disposition: Checks Ok.
8:19 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Carroll Way. Front door. Disposition: No Further Action Required.
8:27 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at North Mill Street. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
8:48 a.m. Hazardous material. Occurred at Tucker Road/Cherry Lane, Tehachap. Tucker behind Savemart, raw sewage running down the drain. Disposition: Turn Over To fire.
8:51 a.m. School resource duty. Officer initiated activity at Monroe High School. Disposition: Checks Ok.
9:23 a.m. Subpoena service attempt. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
9:48 a.m. School resource duty. Officer initiated activity at Jacobsen Middle School. Disposition: Checks Ok.
12:09 p.m. Drunk in public. Occurred at West "J" St/Enterprise Way. Male subject walking seems very under the influence, stumbling and pointing at cars. Disposition: Arrest Made.
12:49 p.m. Trespassing. Occurred on Aspen Drive. Vacant home, occupied by four subjects who are inside the house now, three males and one female. Disposition: Arrest Made.
1:02 p.m. Indecent exposure. Occurred on East Tehachapi Blvd near Loves, there is a dirt road at the bridge on the north side of the tracks. A gray double cab Dodge occupied with a white female topless, blond hair, thin, flashing truckers on the 58. Disposition: Warning Advised.
1:47 p.m. School resource duty. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi High School. Disposition: Information Only.
2:36 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at North Mill Street. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
3 p.m. Auto accident, no injuries. Occurred at Tucker Road/West Valley Boulevard. Disposition: Report Taken.
3:05 p.m. Counter at the police department. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
3:55 p.m. Accident with no details. Occurred at Valley Boulevard/Curry Street. Cellular 911 Call. Pedestrian has been hit in roadway. Disposition: Report Taken.
5:46 p.m. Threats of death/bodily injury. Occurred on North Green Street. Hispanic male adult, black shirt, blue jeans, on the train tracks. Disposition: Unable to Locate.
6:15 p.m. Peace disturbance, verbal. Occurred at Four Seasons Trailer Park on West "J" Street. Man, possibly under the influence, hispanic male adult, black shirt and blue jeans, trying to fight resident. Disposition: Arrest Made.
6:22 p.m. Man down. Occurred at West Tehachapi Boulevard/South Pauley Street. Hispanic male adult wearing white shirt and jeans is passed out against the wall in the concrete parking lot of the old lumber company near the alley. Disposition: Unable to Locate.
7:42 p.m. Auto accident, no injuries. Occurred at West Tehachapi Boulevard/Tucker Road. Disposition: Report Taken.
8:03 p.m. Peace disturbance, verbal. Occurred on North Hayes Street. Cellular 911 Call, downstairs apartment, spousal dispute, lots of screaming and yelling, reporting party said he will point out when officers arrive. Disposition: No Further Action Required. Verbal only.
8:10 p.m. See the woman. Occurred on Brett Avenue. Disposition: Advised.
8:41 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on South Mill Street. Attacked by two pit bulls at the end of the driveway. Dogs then tried to attack four year old daughter. Owner of dogs is nearby. Disposition: Report Taken.
9:22 p.m. Out of control juvenile. Occurred on East "H" Street. Cellular 911 Call: 14 year old teen soon, verbal dispute. Disposition: No Further Action Required.
10:10 p.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Hospital. Disposition: Arrest Made, under the influence.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 14, 2014
7:23 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred at Oakflat Drive/Brian Place. Two white Newfoundland dogs running loose between and barking, not vicious. Disposition: Unable to locate.
8:57 a.m. Auto accident, no injuries. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Road/Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Assisted.
9:36 a.m. Extra patrol. Occurred at South Lower Valley Road/Skyline Drive. Reporting party is concerned about mailboxes, has seen a suspicious vehicle out at 3 a.m., vehicle stopped. Disposition: Information only.
12:26 p.m. Reckless driving. Occurred on Highway. Cellular 911 call: Hwy 58 exit 151
green and white truck through with white flat bed driving recklessly, transferred caller to CHP. Disposition: Turn over to.
1:01 p.m. Shots fired/heard. Occurred on Sheeptrail Court. Three shots heard. Disposition: assignment completed.
9 p.m. Animal call. Occurred on Lakeview Drive. Horse got out. Quarter horse, brown with white strip down his face. Disposition: Assisted.
Aug. 15, 2014
3:16 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Cumberland Road. Dog has been barking for at least half an hour. Disposition: Warning.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 14 and the morning of Aug. 15, the Kern County Sheriff's office responded to 30 calls for service, including: narcotics on Crest Drive; ambulance on Sundowner Lane; malicious mischief on Loop Street; see the woman on Santa Barbara Drive; verbal peace disturbance on Golden Hills Boulevard/Santa Barbara Drive; suspicious person on Goodrick Drive; mentally unstable person on South Street; narcotics on Turcker Road; see the woman on Zurich Drive; suspicous person on South Street; warrant on Santa Maria Drive; peace disturbance on Loop Street; assist other departments on West "E" Street; resisting arrest on Mission Street; and 911 call on Santa Barbara Drive.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 88. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 61. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 87. West northwest wind around 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
Saturday night: Clear, with a low around 61. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 88. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
Sunday night: Clear, with a low around 61. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• The Tehachapi City Council will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 18 at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 20 at the district office, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Mountain Meadows Community Services District board of directors meets Aug. 20 at the district office, 17980 Highline Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
• No new notices.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 18, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org