© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 20, 2014:
The latest news - The death of a 38-year-old Helendale man in Tehachapi on Sunday is being investigated as a homicide. Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 18, 2014
9:02 a.m. Extra patrol. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Elementary, Bear Valley Road and Tehachapi. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:49 p.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at Bear Valley Road/Serra Place. Trash bag in roadway. Disposition: Advised.
6:05 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on North Lower Valley Road. Corner of Lower Valley and Pinedale, dogs barked all night and now appear dehydrated, possibly no food or water. Residents haven’t been seen since Saturday morning. Disposition: Situation resolved.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 18 and the morning of Aug. 19, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 16 calls for service, including: found property on Mariposa Road; patrol check on Westwood Boulevard; subject down on South Dennison Road; child endangerment investigation on Lake Drive; burglary investigation on Hart Oaks Drive; criminal threats investigation on Golden Star Boulevard; supplimental information on Goodrick Drive; noninjury traffic accident on Woodford Tehachapi Road; out for investigation on Old Town Road; patrol check on Zurich Drive; assist other departments on Highway 58 West; see the woman on Palomino Street; peace disturbance on Park Road; 9-1-1 call on Highline Road; and out for investigation on East Tehachapi Boulevard.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 56. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 82. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west northwest in the evening.
• The Tehachapi Diabetes Support Group will meet Thursday, Aug. 21, at 10 a.m., at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 329 S. Mill St. Topic of the meeting will be sugar shockers.
For more information, call Eve at 822-3517.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Narcotics Anonymous will host a barbecue Saturday, Aug. 23, at 3:30 p.m. The event will then feature a guest speaker at 4 p.m. Hot dogs are free, bring drinks or chips or just yourself. The event will be held at Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. For information, call Marc at 750-1917.
• A group of Free and Accepted Masons will meet on Wednesday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m., in the Masonic Center, located at 24309 Cummings Valley Road. Free Masons, Sojourners and anyone wishing to learn about the fraternity are invited to attend. Topic will be the rich history of Free Masonry in Tehachapi over the past 120 years. For more information, call Royal Mink at 821-1015.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District board of directors meets at 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 19 at the parks district office, 490 West "D" Street.
• Stallion Springs Community Services District board of directors meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 19 at the Stallion Springs CSD office, 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 20 at the district office, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Mountain Meadows Community Services District board of directors meets Aug. 20 at the district office, 17980 Highline Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
• Tehachapi Unified School District board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 26 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• Tehahcapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 27 at the Golden Hills CSD office, 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 20, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com