© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for July 1, 2014:
The latest news - A Tehachapi man has been honored by Assemblywoman Shannon Grove as the 2014 Veteran of the Year for the 34th Assembly District. The honoree is Tehachapi resident Corp. James A. Murray — better known as Jim Murray, a regular contributor to the....HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Monday, June 30, 2014
3:53 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred on South Green Street. To a vacant residence, back window open, no one seen or heard in the area. Disposition: No criminal cctivity.
6:07 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred at Tehachapi High School on South Dennison Road. Multiple activations coming from 1116, 1002 and 1115. Voices heard and door is still open in room 116. Disposition: False alarm.
8:11 a.m. Warrant service. Officer initiated activity at West "D" Street. Disposition: Negative contact.
9:17 a.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at West "D" St. Located in the alley. Disposition: Arrest made, under the influence.
9:45 a.m. Vehicle identification. Occurred on East "F" Street. Counter. Disposition: Assignment completed.
9:46 a.m. Counter at the police department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Ticket sign off. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:55 a.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at Kelton Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
12:23 p.m. Assault report. Occurred on South Dennison Road. Someone has assaulted reporting parting with a cart. Subject put shopping cart to close to reporting party's vehicle, reporting party asked him to move it and instead subject jabbed him with the cart and made the reporting party fall down. Subject left driving a white pickup. Disposition: Report taken.
12:29 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at The Village Apartments, North Mill Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:25 p.m. Flag down. Officer initiated activity at Ranchotel Turner Lodgeways, South Curry Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
2:01 p.m. Report. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Report taken.
2:06 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Sharing And Caring, South Pauley Street. Disposition: Information only.
2:20 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Steuber Road. Disposition: Information only.
2:32 p.m. Missing juvenile. Occurred on Black Oak Drive. 16 year old last seen yesterday at approximately 4 p.m. Disposition: Report taken.
2:52 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Officer initiated activity at Kmart. Health and Safety activity in front of the store. Disposition: Unable to locate.
4:42 p.m. Keep the peace. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Counter, female requested an officer to keep the peace to retrieve her vehicle, civil. Disposition: Situation resolved.
4:43 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Tucker Road. Requesting an officer to make contact with a subject who parks his motorhome on the street next to Del Taco and advise. Disposition: Unable to locate.
4:47 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at South Mill Street. Disposition: Information only.
6:08 p.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Commercial Way. Audible to the roll up door. Disposition: False alarm.
6:44 p.m. 9-1-1 hang up. Occurred at Golden Hills Boulevard. Disposition: Information only.
6:51 p.m. Animal call. Occurred on Voyager Drive. Black cow with yellow ear tag loose in the roadway. will attempt to contact rancher. Disposition: Information only.
8:39 p.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on West "F" Street. Audible to the east motion. Disposition: False alarm.
9:07 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred at North Dennison Road/Brett Avenue. White female wearing dark colored clothing sitting on the edge. Disposition: Checks ok.
10:27 p.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Commercial Way. ICON aircraft, audible, motion in engineer's room, responsible pending. Disposition: Checks ok.
11:53 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on Mulberry Street. Loud construction noise coming from the location including a tile cutter. Disposition: Advised.
Bear Valley Police Department: Unavailable at this time.
Kern County Sheriff's Department: Between June 30 and the morning of July 1, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to more than 14 calls for service, including a suicide on Woodford/Tehachapi Road, see the woman on Modoc Avenue, narcotic call on Mariposa Road, two verbal peace disturbances on Santa Barbara Drive, two calls for a mentally unstable person on Tehachapi Boulevard, 9-1-1 call on Bear Valley Road/Saint Elmo Court, 9-1-1 call on Golden Hills Boulevard/Rod Court, supplimental informatin on Fig Court, suspicous person on Madre Street/Santa Maria Drive, and narcotics call on Woodford/Tehachapi Road.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 94. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 63. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 93. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
Wednesday night: Clear, with a low around 63. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Relay for Life will be held at 9 a.m. on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13 at the coy Burnett Stadium on Tehachapi Boulevard, east of Synder Avenue. All proceeds will go to help find a cure for cancer. For more information, call Lynda at 823-7525.
• Six area restaurants will be dishing out dinner at the Tehachapi Mountain Brew and Grill Fest to be held on Saturday, July 19, from 4 to 8 p.m., at the Benz Visco Sports Park in Tehachapi.
General admission tickets are $45 and includes lots of beer tastings and barbecue samplings, as well as dinner. VIP admission is $100 and includes a fully catered VIP section, wine, beer and other adult libations. Tickets and more information are available at: TehachapiBrew.com.
• Tehachapi Community Theater will hold auditions for the classic suspense thriller "Wait Until Dark" on Saturday, July 5, beginning at 10 a.m., and Sunday, July 6, at 2 p.m. Tryouts will be held at the Second Space, located at 431 "J" St. The production will run for three weekends in October. Gary Mazzola will direct. He is looking for six adult men, one adult woman and one girl approximately 9 to 14 years of age. More details can be found on tctonstage.com. For more information, call Mazzola at 823-4037, ext. 1 and leave a message.
• The Old Town Merchant Association’s Steering committee meets at 8 a.m. on July 2 at Kelley’s Cafe, 20424 Brian Way, to bring property and business owners up to speed on the Old Town Visioning process spearheaded by Kern County before it is unveiled on July 9.
• The Tehachapi City Council meets at 6 p.m. on July 7 at the Claude L. Wells Building, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. on July 8 at the Claude L. Wells Building, 300 South Robinson St.
• Kern County will unveil its Old Towne Visioning process at 6 p.m. on July 9 at the Valley Oak Charter School, 20705 South St. The goal is to help revitalize Old Towne Tehachapi.
• The East Kern Economic Alliance meets at 2 p.m. on July 10 in the community room of the Tehachapi Police Department’s new station at 220 West “C” St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on July 2, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com