The cause of a fire that destroyed a home in the high country of Bear Valley Springs Wednesday afternoon has not yet been determined according to the Kern County Fire Dept.
Firefighters arrived on scene of a 2200 square foot residence at 23461 Paramount Drive in Bear Valley at 5:21 p.m. on May 30. Upon arrival the structure was 50 percent involved with fire, spreading into the surrounding grass, the KCFD reports.
Four engines, four patrols, two hand crews and one helicopter responded to the scene. Fire crews made a defensive attack on the structure fire, while aggressively attacking the spreading wildland fire.
A knockdown of the grass fire was accomplished using patrols, handcrews, and multiple water drops from Helicopter 408.
Due to the fire size and intensity, and also to nearby electrical and gas hazards, the fire eventually consumed the structure. The home was valued at an estimated $250,000 by Kern Fire.
The Kern County Fire Department would like to remind residents to be cautious of dangerous fire conditions, and be sure to complete all necessary hazard reduction requirements by the rapidly approaching June 15 deadline.