© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 28, 2014:
The latest news - The new Tractor Supply store on North Mill Street is holding a grand opening on Saturday, March 29. There will be special giveaways and specially-priced goods. For more information, read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
• THS Baketball names All-SEYL players; Five athletes named among the best in hoops
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 27, 2014
2:55 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Tucker Road. Disposition: False Alarm.
3:31 a.m. Suspicious vehicle. Occurred at Cypress Way and White Oak Drive. Driving up and down the streets. Disposition: Checks Ok.
4:55 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Tucker Road. Disposition: False Alarm.
7:48 a.m. Trespassing. Occurred on South Curry Street. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
8:48 a.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at East "I" Street. Disposition: Arrest Made for narcotics.
10:47 a.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on South Dennison Road. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
11:35 a.m. Vandalism report. Occurred on East "I" Street. On the Davis side in alley there is graffiti on the fences. Disposition: Report taken.
4:07 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Female yelling for help near location. Disposition: Unfounded.
5:59 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on South Curry Street. Reporting person observed damage to basketball hoop at Summit Church. Disposition: Information only.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
March 27, 2014
12:48 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Road and Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
2:07 p.m. Suspicious person. Occurred on Skyline Drive. Disposition: No criminal activity.
4:32 p.m. Peace disturbance verbal. Occurred on Diamond Court. Disposition: Checks Ok.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 27 and the morning of March 28, the Kern County Sheriffs Department responded to 23 incidents, including an industrial accident on Highway 58, grand theft investigation on Golden Hills Boulevard, a fraud using personal information investigation on Ridgeway Drive and a fraud using personal information investigation on Brite Valley Drive.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. West northwest wind around 15 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
Saturday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Windy, with a west wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
• A Midsummer Night's Dream: A Child's Version, performed by Tehachapi High School's advanced drama class, is at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 27, at the THS Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $4 and $6. For more information, call 868-9966.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 28, and Saturday, March 29, at the Beekay Theatre. Tickets are $10.
• Alan Reid and Rob van Sante are performing at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 4, at Fiddlers Crossing. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more information, call 823-9994.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs from March 31 through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place from April 8 through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• Prostate Support Group to meet Thursday, March 27, at 7 p.m., in the Hospital Conference Room. The program will include a video entitled "Advanced Disease." The Conference Room is located just east of the hospital main entrance at 115 W. "E" St.
• Narcotics Anonymous will meet Saturday, March 29, at 3:30 p.m., at the Christian Life Assembly, 920 W. Valley Blvd. There will be a guest speaker and free hotdogs. Bring chips and a drink.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• The Kern County Fire Department will hold a Hazard Reduction Contractor/Service Provider meeting Saturday, March 29, at 10 a.m., at Camp 8 in Tehachapi. The class will provide prospective contractors and property owners with guidelines for creating defensible space around homes in urban interface areas.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee vs. Paraclete-Lancaster at home (3:30 p.m.) on Friday, March 28.
Softball – No games scheduled the rest of this week. Varsity/Jayvee vs. East at home and Frosh at East (4 p.m.) next Wednesday, April 2.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill (4 p.m.) at Jefferson Pool – Bakersfield on Friday, March 28.
Track and Field – Varsity/Jayvee at Wildcat Invitational (8 a.m.) on Saturday, March 29.
Tennis – Varsity at East and Jayvee vs. East at home (3:30 p.m.) on Tuesday, April 1.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
• Robert Edward King, 1944 — 2014
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, March 31.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com