© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for May 28, 2014:
The latest news - A plane crash at Tehachapi Boulevard and Dennison Road leaves two uninjured. HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
May 27, 2014
6:51 a.m. Missing person locate, occurred on East "I" Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
9:22 a.m. Petty theft report, occurred at Del Taco on Tucker Road. Past occurred, requesting to speak to an officer regarding a customer who is stealing toilet paper and soda from the soda machine. Disposition: Unfounded.
10:08 a.m. Trespassing, occurred on East Valley Boulevard. Male subject was sleeping in the garage and left the area when he was approached. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
11:13 a.m. Auto accident, officer initiated activity at Elm Street. Disposition: Situation resolved.
1:24 p.m. Unknown situation, occurred at Alder Avenue/Meadowbrook Court. Female has fallen on the ground. Daughter helped her up once but she fell again. Unknown situation. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
2:07 p.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at West "J" Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
3:55 p.m. Disturbing the peace, Occurred on East "I" Street. Approximately six subjects yelling at other people to challenge a fight. Disposition: Checks OK.
3:56 p.m. Assist other agencies, occurred at West Tehachapi Boulevard/South Mill Street. CHP requesting Tehachapi Police Department to handle coming from Mojave to remove debris "bumper" on westbound Highway 58 between Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: No further action required.
8:15 p.m. Citizen requested assistance, occurred on South Mill Street. Had several juveniles from next door throwing wood at her above ground pool and is concerned about vandalism. Disposition: Advised.
Bear Valley Police Department:
May 27, 2014
8:44 a.m. Annoying phone calls, occurred on Cumberland Road. Reporting party is receiving threatening calls from a someone who claims to be the IRS. Reporting party said the caller keeps telling him to call back or there will be consequences. Disposition: No criminal activity.
1:30 p.m. Any civil call, occurred on Cumberland Road. At the counter, reporting party requesting to retrieve his vehicle from subject who purchase his vehicle. However, the check bounced and the vehicle is still registered to reporting part. Disposition: Civil Problem.
3:51 p.m. Lost property, occurred at Cub Lake on Bear Valley Road. Lost knife. Disposition: Information only.
4:51 p.m. Fraud using personal info, occurred on Columbia Way. Reporting part is in lobby of police department. Disposition: Report taken.
7:04 p.m. Vicious, barking biting, occurred on Lakeview Drive. Dog has been barking for two days. Disposition: Advised.
10:09 p.m. Driving under the influence of alcohol, occurred at gate on Bear Valley Road, possible DUI driver, white Ford F350 just entered the valley. Reporting party were driving right behind the vehicle and observed it weaving all over the road. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between May 27 and the morning of May 28, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 14 calls, including a theft investigation on Woodford Tehachapi Boulevard, a disturbance of the peace on Copper Drive, a disturbance of the peace on Santa Barbara Drive, a disturbance of the peace on Campo Court/Madre Street
Stallion Springs: Nothing to report.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 77. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 50. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 79. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Thursday night: Clear, with a low around 52. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Freemasons will meet on Wednesday, May 28, at 7 p.m., in the Tehachapi Masonic Center, located at 24309 Cummings Valley Road.
• The Catholic Daughters will be holding their Spring Rummage sale on Friday, May 30, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday, May 31, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., in McMullan Hall at St. Malachy Catholic Church, located at 407 W. "E" St.
• Scout Troop 178 will host a rummage sale to raise money for Scout Camp on Saturday, May 31, beginning at 7 a.m., at the Health and Wellness Parking lot, located at 20241 Valley Blvd.
• Tehachapi High School will be holding special School Site Council meetings to finish up the business of the year. Meeting will be held May 29, at 1 p.m., in the Administration Building in the large conference room. The public is invited to attend.
• Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District meets for its open session 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 28 at the Golden Hills Community Service Distrct, 21415 Reeves St.
• The Kern County Parks and Recreation Commission will be conducting a meeting at Tehachapi Mountain Park on Wednesday, May 28, at 6:30 p.m., in the Mess Hall at Tehachapi Mountain Park, located at 17350 Water Canyon Road. The Commission is seeking public input on future improvements at this facility. The public is encouraged to attend and provide input.
• Tehachapi High School will host the Senior Awards Night, Thursday, May 29, at 6 p.m., in the Tehachapi High School gym. The school's many graduates will be receiving local and national scholarships and awards.
• Lisa Kroese will give a presentation and answer questions on the topic of "What will we do with all of our stuff?" The public is invited and the June 5 meeting will be at the Senior Center, located at 500 E. "F" St., beginning at 6:30 p.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on May 29, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org