Life is back to normal for residents of a neighborhood where a two-seat plane clipped a house and was sent spiraling into a street.

But the shock of the June 29 incident on J Street near Tehachapi Municipal Airport is still requiring some adjustment.

"Every time I hear a plane I feel caution. It happened once, will it happen again?" Don Fritz said on July 11. 

Don and Donna Fritz, the owners of the house that was hit by the plane, said they are adjusting to normal life after a near-death experience. 

Some repairs to their property have already been made, like the electricity that was knocked out. Repairs to the damaged roof, including framing, are still in the works.

Two hours after the accident, the plane was hauled off and the Fritz family started repairing their property.

More than 50 feet of electrical wires starting from a telephone pole to their house needed to be fixed, with Southern California Edison estimating a time of two weeks for repairs.

The Fritz family said friends and local certified contractors came to the rescue and power was restored to their house in less than five days. The Fritz family stayed in the Marriott Hotel. Their Allstate insurance homeowners plan paid for repairs to the electrical, and hotel stay and will pay to repair the roof in the coming months, they said.

"It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, but glad it was a lightweight plane," Donna said.

They went on to say they were glad that nobody was hurt, but saddened that nothing more was told to them about the investigation by the Federal Aviation Administration and other agencies. No one involved in the accident came to apologize either, they said.

According to Ian Gregor, public affairs manager from the FAA Pacific Division, the FAA and online through the National Transportation Safety Board, the investigation is still underway and the NTSB will prepare an aircraft accident report based on evidence and findings that other agencies provide.

The incident will not require an in-person investigation by NTSB.