(NAPSI)—Whenever you rent a truck to move yourself from one home to another, keeping these five facts in mind can help you and your furniture all arrive in good order and good time.
1. Let time be on your side. When planning your trip, take into account the time of day you intend to travel and likely traffic patterns. Always leave lots of extra time and be aware of possible bottlenecks along the way.
2. Read the agreement. Most truck rental agreements say something like the language from the U.S. Department of Transportation that prohibits the "carrying or hauling of explosives and other dangerous articles." That means you can't pack paint, chemicals and cleaning materials, flammable solvents, propane, gasoline and the like. Check with your rental agent if you're not sure about a particular item.
3. Don't be blindsided. Trucks have big blind spots, what the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration calls the "No-Zone." You should know where these areas are, especially when changing lanes or coming to a stop.
4. Know what you're driving. Make sure you can find and understand the use of all the truck's switches and gauges. Adjust the seat and side mirrors so they match your height and comfort zone. Also, remember, trucks are taller, wider and may weigh up to 10 times more than the average car, explain the experts on truck rental at Penske, so you have to be extra vigilant.
5. Be sure to insure. Most insurance and credit card companies won't cover truck rentals under existing policies. If your insurance company is among them, consider signing up for additional coverage options to protect yourself and your belongings. You may feel more confident knowing there is a company that offers free 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
For further moving facts and tips, go to www.PenskeTruckRental.com or call (800) GO-PENSKE.
“Trucks are taller, wider and may weigh up to 10 times more than the average car, point out the experts on truck rental at Penske, so you have to be extra vigilant. http://bit.ly/2wIkZOo”
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)