Special Sections : Canyon Fire

Wednesday, Aug 31 2011 02:37 PM

Pets rescued in Sand Canyon fire

On Saturday, Aug. 27, at approximately7:45 p.m., a call was received by the Kern County Fire Department for a structure fire near the intersection of Sand Canyon Rd. and Sunview Dr.

Upon arrival, crews found aresidence fully charged with smoke and smoldering siding on the outside of the structure.  Fire crews rescued  three dogs and one cat from inside the residence and treated the cat for smoke inhalation. Quick action by firefighters kept the loss to the structure to $10,000 and effectively saved $150,000 in value to the home and contents, according to a release from the KCFD.

In that release the KCFD issued a reminder of the dangers of not fully extinguishing cigarettes and to importance of having a working smoke detector in all residences.

Subcribe icon


Real Estate

Tehachapi Real Estate 4/22/2015
Local Advertisers

Social Tehachapi

Updates from local businesses