- Subscriber Services
- (661) 392-5777
- Toll Free
- (800) 953-5353
- Mon-Fri 5:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sat 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sun 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Holidays 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Print Subscription Options
Kern County Residents (Home Delivery)
$26 for a one-year weekly subscription every Tuesday.
Outside of Kern County in CA (Mail)
$46 for a one-year weekly subscription.
U.S. residents outside CA (Mail)
$56 for a one-year weekly subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have automated subscriber services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us anytime at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353 for assistance. You may also email us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com.
Customer Service Hours
- Monday Through Friday 5:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Holidays 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Please allow 2 business days for processing online transactions.
Report a Missing Paper or Delivery Problem
You can report a missing paper or delivery problem online or by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, using our online automated system, or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Expected Delivery Times
5:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday
6:00 a.m. Sunday
Change My Delivery Address/Phone Number
You can update your account information online here or by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is EZ PAY?
Simplify your life with EZ Pay. It's an automatic payment plan where you can renew your subscription each month from either your credit card or checking account.
Make a Payment Online
You may make a payment online by using your Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card through our online automated system.
Make a Payment via U.S. Mail or Phone
You may make a payment by phone with your checking account, Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card by calling us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
The Bakersfield Californian
Attention: Circulation Department
P.O. Box 80967
Bakersfield, CA 93380-9889
Update Credit Card Information
You can update your account information by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Do not email your credit card number. Customer Service office hours are Monday through Friday - 5:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Saturday - 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sunday - 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Holidays - 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
What if I Don't Want to Pay by Credit Card?
We also accept checks, money orders, debit cards and cash. Please make cash payments at one of our locations; 1707 Eye Street or 3700 Pegasus Drive.
How Can I Tip My Carrier?
You may include carrier tips with your renewal payments, send a separate check or money order, or include as a fixed amount in your monthly EZ Pay debit.
What Happens When My Subscription Expires?
You will receive a renewal 30 days prior to your expiration date. We will continue to deliver the paper during your grace period, unless otherwise notified.
Electronic Edition - Subscription or Single Copy
We now deliver to your computer! You can find out more about this and subscribe by clicking here.
Subscriptions via U.S. Mail
We can mail your subscription anywhere in the Continental U.S. Please contact customer service for rates and subscription plans at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Purchase a Back Issue The Bakersfield Californian
We maintain a one year archive of newspapers. Contact customer service via phone (661) 392-5777 or email CustomerCare@bakersfield.com to inquire. Click here to purchase an electronic copy.
Request a Gift Subscription
You can purchase a gift subscription online or by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Going on vacation?
It's a good idea to use our convenient Vacation Hold service when you're going out of town for a few days or so. We can hold your papers and deliver them when you return, or you can donate your papers to our Californian in Education program. If you prefer, you can suspend delivery and you will not be charged for these days. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is a Vacation Donation?
The vacation donation program is our number one source of funding for the CIE program. This program is simple, and anyone who has a home delivery subscription can participate. When you go on vacation, you have the option to donate your newspapers to the CIE program. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is the Californian in Education Program?
We established the Californian in Education program more than twenty years ago. This program provides our local schools with copies of the newspaper at little or no cost to them. The use of the newspaper helps students develop strong reading and writing skills, while allowing them to explore math, science, politics, health, geography and current events that are relevant to their everyday lives. We also provide teachers and students with special educational programs throughout the school year.
The Californian in Education program relies solely on sponsorship funding. We have developed several fundraisers to help cover the costs of running the Californian in Education program. If you are interested in becoming a Partner in Education, please contact us at:
Californian In Education
Phone: (661) 392-5751
Fax: (661) 392-5727
Have a Carrier compliment?
You can report a carrier compliment by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Become a Newspaper Carrier
When you become a newspaper carrier for The Bakersfield Californian, you'll work just a few hours a day and earn hundreds of dollars a month. With our early morning delivery hours, you can even keep your regular day job!
Newspaper carriers are independent contractors and not employees. To join our team of independent contractors you must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation. If you are interested in becoming a carrier call (661) 392-5777 or email CustomerCare@bakersfield.com.
If you have a question or problem that this site doesn't address, please feel free to contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or call (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Thanks for reading The Bakersfield Californian!
Updated Oct. 21, 2011
Newspaper Rack Locations
Find the nearest newspaper rack to you! Spot an empty rack? Call (661) 392-5777.
- TNI OFFICE 411 N. MILL ST
- TEXACO 1050 CAPITAL HILLS PKWY
- DENNY'S 9000 MAGELLAN DR.
- HOLIDAY INN 1049 CAPITAL HILLS PKWY
- POST OFFICE 1085 VOYAGER
- LA QUINTA 500 STUEBER RD
- SUMMITT CHEVRON 400 STUEBER RD
- GRACIAN'S 860 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- APPLE SHED 333 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- VILLAGE GRILLE 410 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- CIRCLE K 302 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- WATER TOWER 100 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- FOUR SEASONS 128 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- POLICE DEPT 129 E. F ST.
- PRIMO BURGER 118 E. F ST.
- F & GREEN ST 209 S. GREEN ST.
- GAS-N-GO 106 E. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- KELCY'S 110 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- KOHNEN'S 125 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- S. CURRY ST. 1102 S. CURRY ST.
- TEHACHAPI HOSPITAL 115 W. E ST.
- B & B LIQUOR 220 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- MOUNTAIN VILLAGE SHELL 107 S. MILL ST.
- COUNTRY PARK BEST WESTERN 420 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- K-MART 710 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- LIBRARY 1001 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- WALGREEN'S 1091 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.
- HENRY'S CAFÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ 550 TUCKER RD.
- USA GAS 785 TUCKER RD.
- ALBERTSON'S 775 TUCKER RD.
- BASKIN-ROBBINS 785 TUCKER RD, STE E
- POSTAL ASAP 785 TUCKER RD., STE G
- McDONALD'S 795 TUCKER RD.
- RADIO SHACK 1121 W. VALLEY BLVD.
- TEAS DONUTS 807 TUCKER RD.
- GREAT WALL 807 TUCKER RD., STE F
- RITE-AID 811 TUCKER RD.
- SAVE-MART 841 TUCKER RD.
- W. TUCKER RD. 841 TUCKER RD.
- E. TUCKER RD. 840 TUCKER RD.
- TEHACHAPI LIQUOR 840 TUCKER RD., STES J & K
- FASTRIP 798 TUCKER RD.
- FRACTURE CLINIC 20960 SAGE LANE
- STAGE STOP 21000 GOLDEN HILLS BLVD.
- CARLOS' DONUTS 20011 W. VALLEY BLVD.
- BIG F OLDE TOWNE MKT 20321 HWY 202
- KELLEY'S 20424 BRIAN WAY
- WILD ROSE STATION 20436 BRIAN WAY
- MOBIL 20917 SOUTH ST.
- WITT'S 20437 BRIAN WAY
- DOMINGO'S 20416 W. VALLEY BLVD.
- STALLION FIRST MAIL STATION 27500 STALLION SPRINGS DR.
- JACK'S HILL MAIL STATION 26556 COMANCHE POINT RD.
- HORSETHIEF CC 28681 STALLION SPRINGS DR.
- CHEVRON STALLION SPRINGS 27750 STALLION SPRINGS DR.
- BEAR VALLEY MARKET 26900 BEAR VALLEY RD.
Updated Oct. 21, 2011
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.